The turkey burger recipe is similar to the traditional burger, but it gives different taste because of making with turkey. Actually, the turkey fat contains lesser fat than ground beef that need not to overcook the burger for a longer time. The best turkey burger recipe is always very simple and easy to make with the use of ingredients in your kitchen. Before you start cooking this recipe, make sure to know how to make this recipe and then follow it in a proper direction.
There are lots of effective cooking burger ideas to make this recipe, so you have to keep your eye on a unique way of making this recipe. It is not that much complex to make, rather you can simply make it in a great way. This kind of burger recipe is very healthier to eat than a beef burger. Below are the essential ingredients and directions to make the turkey burger recipe.
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lightly packed fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 thin slices manchgo or white cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and sliced avocado for toppings
Directions to prepare the perfect turkey burger recipe
- Initially, you have to scrape out the gills from the downside of a mushroom cap by using a spoon.
- Now, cut that cap into 1 inch pieces and then transfer them to a food processor.
- In that processor, you can add the shallot, parsley and pulse until it is finely chopped.
- Now, you transfer this mushroom mixture into a large bowl.
- In that, you can add a certain amount of olive oil, turkey, Worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, you can mix all these ingredients with your hands gently until they combined.
- After that, you should divide the mixture into 4 separate balls and then slightly press into 4 inch wide and 1 inch thick patties.
- Take a large plate to place the patties and then cover and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes until it is well firmed.
- At that time, you preheat the grill to medium temperature and brush the grates using olive oil.
- Now, you grill the patties well at medium level and undisturbed them for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- After certain minutes, you can turn the patties to quarter and then cook again for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties again and grill them until it is cooked thoroughly for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- During the last few minutes, you can place the top with 2 slices cheese to cook and cover with an aluminum pan to melt.
- Simultaneously, toast the English muffins on grill and spread some mustard and mayonnaise on the top of a cheese and then finishing with avocado on a top.
- Finally, you serve the best turkey burger recipe on a plate.